PC Wholesale stocks both original and 3rd party Sun SPARC Enterprise memory.
SPARC Enterprise is a collection of SPARC V9 architecture based UNIX server
computers produced by Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu. All Sun SPARC Enterprise
model are licensed to use Unix’s Solaris Operating System. The Solaris OS is
best known for its scalability on the SPARC systems. Apart from supporting SPARC
based systems, Solaris also supports x86-based workstations and servers.
· M3000 Servers: The M3000 have only 1 processor socket and are 2U rack-mount.
· M4000 Servers: The M4000 servers have up to 4 processor sockets offering up to 16 cores with SPARC64 VII+ processors. They are 6U rack-mount.
· M5000 Servers: These have 8 processor sockets and a maximum of 32 cores with SPARC64 VII+ processors. They are 10U rack-mount.
· M8000 Servers: The M8000 servers consist of a maximum of 16 processor sockets offering up to 64 cores with SPARC64 VII+. They are a one data center rack.
· M9000 Servers: The M9000 servers offers up to 4 TB memory space, 64 processor sockets availing up to 256 cores with the SPARC64 VII+ processors. They are a one data center rack
All M-Series have one CD-RW/DVD-RW Optical Drive, Hot-swappable power
supplies, fans and I/O cards. The M8000 and M900 versions have CPU memory board
units. The Solaris 10 Operating System is pre-installed on all of them.
Models of the Sun SPARC Enterprise T-Series
· T4-1 Server: The T4-1 server can only hold one processor offering 8 cores with SPARC T4 processors and 64 compute threads. They are two rack units
· T4-1B Server: Apart from being in Sun Blade 6000 chassis and offering a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet I/O option, they are pretty much the same as the T4-1 servers.
· T4-2 Server: The T4-2 server has 2 processor slots offering up to 16 cores and compute threads of 128 with the SPARC T4. They have three rack units.
· T4-4 Server: The T4-4 servers have four processor sockets with 3.0 GHz processor speed with the SPARC T4 processors. With 32 cores and 256 compute threads the SPARC T4-4 is five rack units.