We stock and supply approved and third party memory for all Cisco 2900 Series
routers. The Cisco 2900 Series ISR (Integrated Services Routers) are ideally
built for medium sized branch offices and allow operations to shift to cloud
based services. The Cisco 2900 Series routers allow reuse of existing modules
that meet the specific business requirements and can offer concurrent services
at up to 75 Mbps through WAN connectives at high performances. Cisco 2900 Series
routers deliver highly secure virtualized applications for small and medium
1. Cisco 2901: Best for delivering highly secure application services, the Cisco 2901 routers possess two integrated Ethernet ports of 10/100/1000 Mbps and four high-speed WAN interface card (WIC) slots. They have an Internal Service Module and 2 digital signal processor slots to support application services.
2. Cisco 2911: The Cisco 2911 routers have 1 service module slot and 3 integrated Ethernet ports of 10/100/1000 though RJ-45 only. Like the Cisco 2901, they have two digital signal processor slots but four high speed WAN interface slots with an internal service module slot to support application services.
3. Cisco 2921: The Cisco 2921 routers have 3 integrated Ethernet ports (10/100/1000) like the Cisco 2911 routers but one is with RJ-45 or SFP connectivity capability. They present one service module slot with an internal service module slot dedicated to application services. There are also 3 on-board digital signal processor slots in addition to four high-speed WAN interface card (WIC) slots.
4. Cisco 2951: Like the Cisco 2921 routers the Cisco 2951 routers present 3 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with 1 port capable of RJ-45 or SFP connectivity. They present 2 service module slots, 3 on-board digital signal processor card slots, 1 internal service module slot for application services and 4 enhanced high-speed WAN interface card slots. Apart from offering 2 service module slots, the Cisco 2921 routers and Cisco 2951 routers are pretty much the same.
All the Cisco 2900 Series routers have standards certified VoiceXML browser
services, Cisco Unity Express voicemail support, Cisco Unified Border Element
capabilities and Cisco Communications Manager Express and SRTS (survivable
Remote Site Telephony support) for voice communications. They also have a fully
integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet
Capabilities of the Cisco 2900 Series routers
· Highly integrated security: Cisco 2900 Series routers offer a threat defense support firewall and IPS options. In addition to having support for cloud based security, these routers have a complete set of VPN technology with on-board encryption acceleration.
· Unified communications: Through the digital signal processors (DSPs), the Cisco 2900 Series routers provide a high quality video and voice experience for both analog and digital modes by the highly flexible call management that helps beat WAN interruptions.
· High performance: The Cisco 2900 Series routers poses energy efficient multi-core processors coupled with high performance service modules that allow them to perform multiple services concurrently while offering the same exceptional performance.
· Agile Application Services: They provide the ability to host numerous third-party applications on USD-E Series server modules that support granular application visibility and control (AVC) to prioritize and optimized all data and application types.