PC-Wholesale.com's Guide To Internet Safety
Photo courtesy of Flickr: FutUndBeidl
The Internet is a great place for children to learn, and they are encouraged to start using a computer at school and home at an early age. Now more than ever, kids are also using social media sites as a way to stay connected with their friends and family. There are many advantages for children to use the computer, but there is also much they need to be aware of as well. The Internet is a magnet for predators, bullies, and computer viruses, and both parents and kids need to know how to stay safe while online. This guide to Internet safety gives resources on how to stay safe while surfing the Web, including how to be aware of cyberbullying and what to do about it, how to use social media safely, how to keep computers protected from viruses, and staying safe from adult websites.
- Cyberbullying: A tutorial gives simple, easy-to-understand definitions of cyberbullying and examples of what cyberbullying is and how to protect kids from it.
- Common Sense Media on Cyberbullying: This is another great website that defines cyberbullying. Parents and kids can choose their age group to help them best understand the information.
- STOP Cyberbullying: This website is dedicated to informing the public about cyberbullying along with prevention, taking action, and laws regarding cyberbullying.
- Cyberbullying: Stalking & Harassment: This article defines cyberbullying, cyberstalking, and cyber-harassment and what can be done about each.
- Facts About Cyberbullying: An article from the Cyberbullying Research Center gives facts on cyberbullying.
- How to Avoid Cyberbullying: A Web page details the basics about cyberbullying, ways to avoid online bullying, and what can be done about it.
- Stopbullying: This website defines cyberbullying and gives tips on how to prevent it and report it.
- Warning Signs of Cyberbullying: This list of warning signs is for kids who are victims of cyberbullying along with kids who are cyberbullying others.